With Christmas and other end-of-the-year holidays, a lot of visitors can be brought to your doorstep. Where some of your guests may be planning an extended stay, others may just be dropping by for a brief visit. The carpets might get a little stagnant as people are keeping busy with prepping guest rooms, shopping, perfecting the menu, and carrying out new and old holiday traditions. You will likely want to refresh your carpets, the carpets can make a big impact on your overall presentation of your home and whether you got a professional cleaning for the holidays or waiting until they are over even if the carpets are otherwise spotless. We at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to offer some tips to refresh your carpets to help you keep your home fresh.
Baking Soda & Lavender Essential Oil Mix Treatment
1) With about ½ cup of baking soda, add approximately 30 drops of lavender essential oils, or your preferred scent.
2) Pour the mixture into a vented container. Use a clean parmesan cheese or spices jar, a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid, or anything that can effectively vent your mixture.
3) Allow the mixture vent into the room for up to 24 hours. At the conclusion of the 24 hours, sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet, leaving it on the surface for about 30 minutes.
4) Vacuum the length and width of the carpet in a methodical approach, overlap the lanes as you pass back and forth using slow and thorough movement. Not only can the baking soda neutralize the odor molecules in the air, but it can also get a lot of the in the carpets and the lavender oil will enhance the scent and overall freshness.
1) Fill a clean spray bottle with a white distilled vinegar.
2) If you find the vinegar to have an initial unattractive scent, do not worry during the application process, it will dissipate as it dries. The vinegar will dissolve most germs and bacteria as it dries to eliminate the source of many odors.
3) Repeat the vinegar application should the odors continue. However, too much moisture can lead to damage, so do not over saturate the carpet with vinegar.
Boost Daily Carpet Freshness
1) Essential Oil Diffuser. To help the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils, many people have found the use of using essential oils in a diffuser. As an extra benefit, it can also help make your home smell good and inviting.
2) Boil and Garbage Disposal of Citrus Peeling. Many odors can develop and emit from it, considering the dirty job of the garbage disposal. You can combat the odors in the garbage disposal by boiling the citrus peeling will help clean the air and then grinding them up in the disposal.
3) Throughout the week, vacuum daily or at least frequently to remove the debris, dirt, and odor-causing particulates.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Invest in professional carpet cleaning. The compacted dirt below the surface is removed, along with any spots and stains, as well as neutralize most odors. You can ensure the carpets are refreshed with healthy carpets. Call Tough Carpet Cleaning today and let our experts make your carpets heathy and clean to schedule your professional carpet cleaning.