There are many nasty substances lurking in the carpet. Some things are easy to spot, others, not so much. To help motivate you to vacuuming and getting the carpets expertly cleaned, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share some of the nasty things your carpets are likely contaminated with.
What’s Lurking in Your Carpets?
1) Decaying Food. There are tons of microscopic rotting food particles trapped within your carpet if you have ever dropped food on your carpet and have not had it professionally cleaned. For lots of nasty organisms that linger in carpets, rotting food particles provide food and even habitat.
2) Dust Mites. By eating dust and your dead skin cells, the millions of microscopic organisms called dust mites survive. Upholstery, mattresses, and air ducts are also likely harboring dust mites.
3) Dust & Allergens. Made mostly from dead human skin cells comes the dust that collects in your home and carpet. Almost one million skins cells per day and over 8 pounds of dead skin cells per year is shed by the average person. In addition to the dust, seasonal allergens, pollen, and other allergens litter the carpeting in your home. Your shoes, pets, and air all contribute to bringing in the various allergens inside your
4) Pet Urine & Feces. There is poop and pee molecules in your carpet if you have a cat, dog, or any other indoor pet. Because that will only affect the amount of poop and pee in your carpet but not completely prevent it, it doesn’t matter if your pet is well trained. They track the poop and pee particles back onto your carpet, even if your pet does all their business in the right places. Since they walk in their litter boxes and then walk on your carpet, this is especially true for cats. It is much like putting your foot in your toilet and then walking on your carpet. Animal waste also contributes to bacteria growth and insect activity.
5) Bacteria. Germs and bacteria can easily flourish in filthy carpets. Escherichia Coli (E. Coli), Staphylococcus Aureus (STAPH), and Salmonellosis (Salmonella). E. Coli can cause stomach aches, diarrhea, and intestinal infections are the most common types of nasty bacteria found in your carpet. Then there is Staph which is a bacterium that lives on the skin of a lot of mammals. Depending on the exact strain of the Staph bacteria, Staph can be harmless or life threatening. In recent years antibiotic resistant staph has become a significant problem, most cases of staph can be treated with antibiotics. Salmonella is transferred to carpet from feces from pets or people, particularly dangerous and causes: fever, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. It is particularly dangerous for children and senior citizens, fortunately, Salmonella can usually be treated by antibiotics.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
To ensure your carpets are not harboring any nasty substances in Las Vegas, NV and surrounding areas, call in the experts of Tough Carpet Cleaning and let us deep clean your carpets at least once a year!