Carpets not only cover your floor, they add texture and color to your home. To keep them looking great they will need to be maintained correctly. This is the best way to protect your carpets from dirt, grime and other elements that can be damaging to it. You should have your carpets cleaned at least once a year and two to three times a year if your carpet is lighter in color or you have children and pets running around. All carpets come with guidelines from the manufacturer as to how they should be cleaned. These guidelines also tell you about the material your carpet is made of. This is good to know because there are different cleaning procedures for different kinds of carpets. When carpet is maintained the right way, it will last twice as long.
Carpet Wearing Out & Matted Down? It’s Dirt!
Don’t make the mistake in thinking that your vacuum cleaner is damaging your carpet. It’s the dirt that does it. While the vacuum cleaner pulls, stretches and wears on the carpet fibers, it is far less than what the dirt on it will do. Dirt acts like tiny blades cutting away at your carpet fibers. When you walk along it your carpet is getting damaged. In high traffic areas this will dull the sheen of your carpet and make it look duller than the rest of it. As time goes on this dirt will also wear away the fibers of the carpet and will mat the fibers down, making them stain more easily.
Carpet Cleaning Tips
1. Act quickly– It makes sense that the faster you take care of a stain, the easier it will be to remove. It also prevents damage to your carpet—spills on carpet will quickly seep down to the padding if they aren’t treated right away
2. Cleaning solutions– All stains react with cleaning solutions in different ways. It’s good to have an idea of what solution will work better with certain stains to avoid chemical damage to your carpet.
3. Professional carpet cleaning– Many homeowners avoid having their carpets cleaned professionally because of the cost. Neglecting you carpet will actually end up costing more in the long run because you’ll need to replace it sooner. It’s better for your wallet to have it cleaned professionally rather than doing it yourself.
4. Steer clear of deodorizing powders– These powders do make your carpets smell nice but don’t do a lot as far as cleaning it. All they do is buildup in your carpet and can be harmful to the fibers of your carpet.
5. Avoid bad cleaning equipment– Your carpets can be damaged when faulty cleaning equipment is used. This is another problem with do it yourself carpet cleaning. When you hire professionals, you can be sure they maintain their equipment and your carpets will be cleaned without damage.
Carpet Cleaning Services & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
There are steps you can take to keep your carpet looking great but don’t forget to have them professionally cleaned. If you can’t remember the last time you had your carpets cleaned, then it’s time to call Tough Carpet Cleaning to have it done. Contact us today!