There are many foods that are covered with grease. When grease hits the carpets, it can leave behind a nasty spot, and no matter the source of the grease, it can be challenging to remove. With this in mind, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a few suggestions on how to remove the grease stains from your carpet.
What Removes Grease from Carpet?
Collect the following Supplies
Select the Cleaning Solution:
Synthetic Fibers – Blend together 1 tbsp ammonia, ¼ tsp of mild liquid dish soap, and 4 cups cold water in a squirt bottle.
Oriental Fibers – In a squirt bottle, mix 2 parts cold water and 1-part white vinegar.
Wool Fibers – Use a quality dry-cleaning solvent for carpets and follow the label’s specific instructions.
– Weights or heavy objects.
– Several plain white paper towels.
– A few plain white, dry towel or rags.
– Cold water only in a spray bottle.
Extra Attention: No matter if you use a DIY remedy or a commercial carpet cleaning product, you need to perform a patch test to ensure the carpet will not be damaged, lightened, or discolored.
In an inconspicuous area, conduct your patch test.
How are Grease Stains Removed?
1) Using paper towels or clean rags, begin by blotting the excess substances from the carpet. Blot the exterior and work your way towards the center and never scrub or rub the spill and make sure you keep the grease from spreading out.
2) Allow it to break down the grease without over wetting the carpet, after you administer the cleaner to the grease stain and for 5 minutes.
3) Depending on the spill, you will likely need multiple paper towels or rags to blot the stain. Blotting until grease is removed with different paper towels as you repeat the application.
4) Rinse the area free of residual solution, after the grease removal, you can avoid attracting dust and dirt, resulting in a brown spot. Using a water-damp cloth, rinse the area.
5) Set a dry towel over the damp area and weight it down, let it sit overnight and expedite the drying using fans if available.
6) Vacuum the are to return the fibers to their form only when the carpet is completely dry.
Carpet Care Recommendations
1) To keep stains from setting into the fibers, never use hot water, only use warm/cool water.
2) Since it will permanently lighten and possibly damage the carpet, stay away from bleach. As both will cause more harm to your carpet, never substitute with dishwasher detergent or laundry detergent. Do not use ammonia on wool.
3) If necessary, and use at your own risk, treat a cotton ball with mineral spirits, lighter fluid, rubbing alcohol, or paint thinner can treat synthetic carpets and use with caution as these remedies are highly flammable.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
If you are having experiencing issues with grease, or any other stains or odors, or even if you are simply due for a cleaning in the Las Vegas Valley, call in the experts of Tough Carpet Cleaning. They can be tricky to efficiently lift when treating grease stains on your carpets.