Enjoyed by kids and adults alike, milk, in their flavorful varieties such as chocolate and strawberry, are cold and refreshing drinks. Throughout the day, it is a common beverage being served frequently, making it highly likely for it is spilled on the carpets. It can be difficult to remove if the chocolate or strawberry milk lands on the carpet, however. With a rapid response, the stains and potential odors can be avoided. We at Tough Carpet Cleaning have listed a few helpful steps below to help remove these spills from your carpets.
What Do You Do if You Spill Strawberry or Chocolate Milk Spills Out of Carpet?
1) Sop up as much liquid as possible. Using gentle pressure with paper towels placed over the top of the spill, blot the excess milk. Until it no longer absorbs into the paper towels, continue to use the paper towels to remove the milk.
2) Sprinkle lightly small dose of table salt over the surface of the spill, this keeps the strawberry and/or chocolate milk from spreading out and into the fibers. For about 20 minutes, allow time for the salt retain the lingering moisture. Use you vacuum to remove the salt once dry.
3) Combine mix 1 Tbsp dish washing liquid with 2 cups warm water in a squirt bottle or bucket to treat the stain. Starting on the exterior of the spill and working your way to the center, dampen a cloth in the solution and use the treated cloth to blot out the stain. To avoid pushing the flavored milk from spreading, this technique contains the mess and helps.
For the strawberry milk, an alternative solution is combining a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of warm water in your bucket and applying it in the same manner. If you opt to use commercial carpet cleaning products, use them according to the label’s directions.
4) After the spot is removed use a water-dampen cloth to blot the cleaning residue to remove any residual cleaners from the carpet. With a towel to dry the area as best you can, once satisfied the areas is rinsed.
5) Before and blot away the remaining stain, combine try 1 Tbsp ammonia into 2 cups warm water and sponge the mixture if a stain lingers behind after treatment. Use a water-damp cloth to rinse the area free from the diluted ammonia as before.
6) Using a dry towel to remove the remaining moisture as much as possible, dry the area as well as possible.
Attention: To ensure it will not compromise the carpet with any cleaner you use to remove the chocolate or strawberry milk stain, do not skip conducting a patch test in an inconspicuous spot.
How Do You Get the Smell of Milk Out of Carpet?
To prevent any odors developing, moderately sprinkle baking soda the area once the area is clean. In order to remain for several hours, or overnight, allow the baking soda. Use your vacuum to clean up the baking soda as long as the area is dry.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Never use hot water or you can damage your carpet and the paraphernalia cleaning tools such as paper towels, sponges, cloths, and towels, should be plain white. In the event any spilled milk make contact with your carpets, immediately treat the spill to avoid bacteria growth, odors, and more challenging stains from occurring. Especially if you are faced with a stubborn stain, Tough Carpet Cleaning is readily available to provide high-quality carpet cleaning services. Call us to schedule your next appointment today!