Carpets will inevitability be besmirched with accidental spills or accidents, whether they are from substances or pet accidents. More effective and also be more detrimental, the various chemicals used in cleaning spills have different reactions to the various carpet fibers. It is important that you follow instructions on the label of commercial premade carpet cleaners and no matter what use to treat spots, you first perform a patch test. There are many mistakes homeowners make when they treat carpet spills, and we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share them today so you can avoid them in the future.
Common Carpet Cleaning Mistakes
1) Not removing chunks off carpet first. If you do not remove the chunks first, you will only smear them further along your carpet. Instead, scrape the globs off the surface by using a spoon, butter knife, spatula, or some kind of dull-edged tool. Be sure to do so carefully and be cautious as to not smash the substance into the carpet or cut the fibers. Use a few paper towels to wipe the blobs as you go to make the process more efficient.
2) Don’t scrub at spots on carpet. When it comes to addressing the spills, it is important you do not attack them with scrubbing and rubbing techniques, it only pushes the substance out further and deeper into the fibers, making the spill even more difficult to remove. Instead, use blotting and patting methods starting on the outer edge and work your way to the center to better contain the mess.
3) Not treating carpet spills immediately. Accidental messes should not be left untreated; the longer the sit, the more time they have to absorb into the fibers, making them more difficult to remove and potentially stain. Treating them immediately will optimize success.
4) Avoid using hot water to treat carpet stains. When it comes to treating different substance, different temperatures will contribute to effectively remove the stains. Typically, the temperatures range from cool to warm and never hot-hot. Using hot-hot water will increase the risk of causing the substance to set into the carpet, making it near impossible to remove. If you are ever in doubt, cool water should be used.
5) Don’t use towels, rags, or paper towels that have print or are dyed on carpet stains. Few want to risk their white cloths or towels when it comes to treating red wine or purple kool-aid spill for example. However, using implements that have dyes or prints can be transferred onto the carpet during the treatment process, resulting in a bigger dilemma.
6) Skipping the carpet patch test is a mistake. As mentioned, patch tests are an important step when treating carpet spills. Discoloration, fading, or even damage can occur when the different fibers react with different chemicals. To make sure the solution does not ruin the carpet in plain sight, take the time to do a patch test in an inconspicuous area.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Call Tough Carpet Cleaning when your Greater Las Vegas, NV carpet needs cleaning. Treating stains can be a challenge and to ensure maximum effectiveness, you need our expert technicians using quality products and equipment to lift stains, soil, and odors.