Ketchup is a staple in most homes, and even at work. Especially high with many people in the household using this common condiment on many main dishes and sides is the risk of it making contact with the carpets. A few options on how you can remove the ketchup from your carpeting due to the likelihood of ketchup making a stain on your carpet is what we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share today.
Dishwashing Soap Solution to Remove Ketchup Stains from Carpet
1) To get that ketchup out of carpet, begin by using knife to scrape of the any remaining dry ketchup.
2) Combine 2 cups of cool water with one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
3) By soaking a white cloth in this solution, sponge it on to the stain.
4) Slowly absorb the liquid and the stain as you blot the ketchup stain.
5) Until the ketchup stain has disappeared, repeat the mentioned above step.
6) Rinse the stain with cold water to remove any cleaning solution residue.
Will Laundry Detergent / Ammonia Solution Remove Set In Ketchup Stains on Carpet?
1) As soon as you find the stain, be sure to remove the excess ketchup with a spoon and paper towels. If the area is dry and the stain is old, vacuum the general area. Be sure to only blot the moist ketchup, with rubbing and scrubbing technique runs the risk of spreading out the stain and pushing it deeper in the fibers.
2) Using a store-bought laundry pre-spray solution, spray the ketchup stain. Allow the solution to sit for 15 to 20 minutes, to break up the stain.
3) Following the 15 to 20-minute period, ensure to rinse the affected area of the carpet with warm water.
4) If possible, expedite the drying by using fans if possible. Once dry, vacuum the areas well. To remove the stain if the stain persists, continue following the steps below.
5) In a spray bottle, combine 1 cup of ammonia with 4 cups warm and mix well before use.
6) With a toothbrush, start by scrubbing following fair coverage of the solution that is applied to the stain. The spot should be damp not to over saturated. After scrubbing for 10 to 15 additional seconds, use a wet/dry vacuum and extract the solution, if you have the option. Until excess moisture is removed, blot well.
7) To rinse the ammonia solution, spray warm water over the affected area.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Acting fast provides the best results when you treat ketchup on carpets. The better the outcome will be since ketchup stains quickly, the sooner it is addressed. In the event the ketchup stains are not successfully removed with these methods above, consider hiring a professional to effectively cut the stains from the carpet. With advanced equipment and premium products, professionals can beat nearly any stain. For your carpet cleaning needs in the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada area, call the professionals of Tough Carpet Cleaning and we can help with deep cleaning needs of your carpet and stubborn stains.