The summertime is the season for the refreshing cool treat, no matter if you have children, or your inner child craves a popsicle. Especially with quick action, you beat these stains, these little popsicle stains on your carpet are not too labor intensive where these spots on your carpet can be unsightly and even cringe worthy. To help you remove the popsicle stains from the carpet, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few methods.
Be Cautious: To ensure the color or integrity of the carpet is not compromised, it is always recommended you do a patch test in an inconspicuous location, no matter if you use any of the below homemade remedies or a store-bought carpet cleaner.
Will Hydrogen Peroxide Take Colored Popsicle Out of Carpet?
Be certain they are plain white, or you risk transferring dye or print onto carpet, you will need a few paper towels, cloths, and one towel. Combine equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water in the spray bottle. Be careful, use it at your own risk and do not skip the patch test since peroxide has the ability to lighten color and though it is diluted water and should not impact the carpets.
1) Mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water in a squirt bottle and shake well. Leave enough room in the bottle to allow the fizz, keep in mind that it will fizz some.
2) Do not over saturate the carpet, given the nature of this mixture, only lightly mist the area so the surface is damp. Let the mixture sit (10-15 min for minor popsicle spots, no more than 30 minutes for larger stains).
3) To lightly moisten the inflicted area, mist plain water on the spot or use a damp cloth. The stain should be noticeably lighter.
4) Along with the popsicle residues, use a white cloth, blot the excess moisture out. Rinse the cloth out or use a new one if the cloth becomes over encumbered with popsicle.
5) Using a white, dry towel by blotting the moisture out, dry the treated area. Vacuum the area to return the fibers back to their natural texture once the area is fully dried.
Will OxiClean Get Stains Out of Carpet?
Do not skip the patch test since Oxi-clean with bleach as that can potentially lighten your carpet. Combine ½ cup Oxi-clean 16 oz. water (scale according to the size of the squirt bottle if necessary). Clean, white paper towels, cloths, and a towel.
1) In a spray bottle, mix ½ cup Oxi-clean and 16 oz. water and shake well.
2) Leave it on the surface for 5-15 minutes after applying the mixture to the various spots.
3) To blot the area, lightly mist the area with pure water or use a damp a cloth. Make certain to rinse the cloth as needed or use a fresh cloth.
4) With more pressure the remaining moisture from the carpet, use your clean, dry towel to blot.
5) After the carpet is completely dry, dry the area to relax the fibers.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal Services & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Call Tough Carpet Cleaning and let our professionals combat that stubborn stains to restore them to their beauty if you are still having a challenge cleaning and removing the popsicle stains or any other stains for that matter.