Tile and grout flooring are a durable option for homes, especially in the bathroom and kitchen. Since it is fairly easy to maintain, and still look gorgeous with the many options available, tile and grout flooring is common. Keeping them bright, spotless, and long-lasting is not too difficult. The problem, however, is homeowners finding the maximum effective method to keep this flooring type clean. There are basically two options when it comes to mopping the floor, traditional methods and steam cleaning methods. Today, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like analyze steam VS traditional mopping for tile floors to help you decide which is better for your cleaning efforts.
Traditional Mopping Solution
Traditional mopping is usually done with a hot bucket of water, maybe some tile cleaner, and a mop of your choice. The mops come in quite a few options, such as flat mops, sponge mops, rope mops, and dust mops, being the most common examples. IN some traditional mopping methods, some prefer to do it the old fashion way with their hot bucket of water or cleaner, and a rag, cleaning the floor by hand. Where this can offer more efficiency, it requires a lot of work.
Steam Mop Floor Cleaner
Steam cleaning method is done with a simple steam cleaner designed for tile flooring. It makes drying time less and expedite the cleaning process, with a more efficient clean. Like traditional mopping, steam cleaners have many models that are equipped with different attributes to expand your cleaning. They simplify the process and make carrying the single device for cleaning. Just as traditional mopping removes the spots and residues, steam cleaning does the same and more by eliminating the germs as well. Because the water is hot enough to kill germs, steam cleaning destroys up to 99.99% of bacteria that lead to common illnesses. This method is also more eco-friendly and safer to use around kids and pets as it does not require chemicals. Steam cleaning is safe and still effective.
Advantages of Using Mop & Bucket on Tile Flooring
1) Being cheaper than steam mops, the initial cost to mops and bucket is less expensive. Although there is more money spent on replacement mop heads and cleaners.
2) There are not fragrances attached to steam cleaning, so if you like the extra scents, you need the cleaners, and traditional options for mopping.
3) For those that have energy to burn and like to sweat, traditional methods are more work.
Benefits of Hygienic Steam Mopping
1) Being that steam cleaning models have many features, you can invest in one that does more than tile flooring, but other hard floor surfaces, countertops and showers as well.
2) You only need to use the steam clean instead of mops, buckets, and other paraphernalia, making the load less.
3) Where traditional mopping cannot kill germs, the steaming method does.
4) Promotes a safer environment without the use of chemicals.
5) Reducing the labor involved.
6) Since less water is used, dry time is faster.
Tile & Grout Cleaning & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Where ultimately, choosing your method of routine cleaning boils down to preference, you should schedule periodic professional deep tile and grout cleaning with the experts of Tough Carpet Cleaning and let our professionals take care of the rest. Contact us today!