Dye stains are the bane of all rugs and carpets. Many of these stains are time sensitive and must be addressed as soon as possible to prevent permanent discoloration. Tough Carpet Cleaning presents some helpful suggestions for how to remove stubborn stains.
How to Get Old Red Stains Out of Carpet
Stains such as beverages, generally juices like grape or the red dye in powdered drink mixes or probably one of the worst is the red dye in cherry night time cold preparations. These dyes if not addressed early on can cause permanent discoloration. First never scrub as this may work the dye into the carpet and damage the fibers. Blot any stain working from the outside in. Rinse with clean water and blot again. Excessive scrubbing can force water and staining liquids into the carpet padding.
How to Remove Different Types of Stains
Stains can be divided into water-soluble, special water-soluble, fats or oils, which include waxes. Water-Soluble includes alcoholic beverages, berries, colas, animal excrements, food dyes, gravy, ice cream, mud, washable ink and wet latex paint. These stains are best addressed by a ¼ teaspoon of nonbleach detergent or white vinegar with 32 ounces of water.
– Special Water-Soluble stains are like wine, blood, coffee or tea, mustard, vomit and chocolate. Tackling these stains with 1 tablespoon of ammonia mixed with 1 cup of water can be successful in most cases as long as the carpet is not a wool or wool blend carpet or rug.
– Wax, Oils and Fats should be treated with an iron on warm setting. Place a paper towel over the carpet, and iron the waxes, oils and fats should be pulled up in to the paper towel and absorbed.
– Other carpet blemishes like cigarette burns can be removed by using a dull scrapper or putty knife or a dull knife or butter knife.
– Glue can be removed by using a cotton ball wetted with rubbing alcohol applied to the glue spot, and wiped off, repeat until clean making sure to moisten the glue at each step.
– Wax and Gum are a challenge. Use ice to freeze the gum or wax. Shatter is with a blunt object; a large tablespoon should work. Vacuum before the pieces re-soften.
– Nail polish can be removed with nail polish remover. Test on some area that is not seen, as some nail polish removers contains acetone and can remove carpet dyes as well.
– Pet urine stains and odors are absorbed with white paper towels, then blot with a damp cloth. Follow this by spraying a mixture of one-part white vinegar to one-part water (50-50). After blotting this solution up, add a follow-up spray of ½ teaspoon of clear, mild non-bleach detergent mixed into 32 ounces of water and blot dry.
Carpet Cleaning & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Normally these incidents just accompany our lifestyles and are taken in stride. A thorough cleaning every 12-18 months is suggested. It is much easier to retain the services of a professional carpet cleaning company than rent inferior hot-water units from a supermarket. These claim to be steam cleaners but are mislabeled. They are not steam but just hot-water units, and steam is just the byproduct of using high temperature water.
Professional carpet cleaning removes damaging dirt, debris and detritus (organics) that cause wear and may be detrimental to health, particularly allergy suffers and asthmatics. Virus, molds and bacteria also inhabit our carpets and rugs casing flus and other diseases. Keep your carpets, rugs and upholstery clean for longer life and healthier living conditions. Contact Tough Carpet Cleaning today!