As the family is occupied with the hustle and bustle surrounding all the activities, and excitement common during this time of year, you are bound to have a few accidents tarnish your carpet during the hectic holiday season. Beverages that are likely to spill on the carpets and how to treat them is listed below by Tough Carpet Cleaning.
How to Remove Eggnog from Carpet
1) Blot out the excess moisture after removing the bulk of the eggnog with a spoon and wiping it on a paper towel as you go.
2) In a squirt bottle of 2 cups warm water, add ¼ tsp liquid dish soap.
3) Blot away the eggnog with the solution a clean, damp cloth. Be sure to use a dry cloth in between the applications to avoid oversaturation.
4) Should any residual eggnog stain linger, carefully work a vinegar solution of 2 cups warm water and 1 cup white vinegar.
5) Rinse the solution(s) away with a water-only damp cloth.
6) Using a clean, dry towel, blot the area until it is as dry as.
How to Get Cider Spills Out of Carpet
1) With a dry cloth or paper towels, blot up the liquid.
2) Combine 2 cups of warm water and 1 tbsp ammonia in a squirt bottle or bucket.
3) Sponge or spray on the solution onto the cider spot on the carpet.
4) Using circular patterns in addition to blotting, gently work the stain from the outside toward the center.
5) Use warm water to dampen a clean cloth and pat out the residues.
6) With the use of a clean towel, dry the spot well.
How to Clean Hot Chocolate Cocoa from Carpet
1) Any excess cocoa can be sopped up with paper towels.
2) In a bucket or a squirt bottle, mix 2 cups warm water with 1 tbsp dish soap liquid.
3) Administer the mixture to the hot cocoa spot, using caution as to not oversaturate.
4) With a clean cloth blot up the mixture and the stain with it.
5) Rinse clean the surface with a water-damp cloth.
6) To dry the are as much as possible, use a dry towel and blot the moisture away.
How to Vanish Red Wine Carpet Stains
1) Absorb as much as the spill as possible by blotting the area, starting on the outer rims and working towards the center with paper towels.
2) Moisten the area by spritzing about an ounce of cool water and follow up with blotting the moisture away.
3) Mix 2 cups of warm water, 1 tbsp white vinegar, and 1 tbsp liquid dish soap.
4) Treat a cloth with the solution and dab the remaining stain clean. You may need additional cloths as the wine absorbs into the cloth.
5) Pat out the cleaning solution with water-damp cloth.
6) To dry the area as much as possible, use a towel and absorb the moisture using weights.
Important: Make certain to only use only white, plain cloths, paper towels, and towels to avoid allowing the dye or print from transferring onto your carpet. To ensure it does not compromise the integrity of your carpet or ruin the color, never skip the patch test performed in an inconspicuous, no matter if you use a commercial ready-made product our homemade remedies. Hot water should never be used as it is likely to set the stain in the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Let our professionals remove these stains and refresh your carpets if you have any trouble combating these stains on the carpets, call Tough Carpet Cleaning.