Like any investment, you want it to last and be worthwhile. Preserving your home to keep it in the best possible condition is always optimal, and performing necessary maintenance can extend the lifespan of everything that makes a home. Carpets are easily filed in that category. Keeping your carpet in pristine condition, despite having pets, children or unruly teenagers, it is possible to manage your carpet’s vibrancy, durability and longevity. Today, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to offer you some tips and advice on extending the life your carpet.
How to Remove Old Stains on Carpets
If anything should spill on your carpet that can cause a stain, or any liquid, it should be treated immediately before the stain has a chance to set in.
– Chunky stains need to be cleaned up before dealing with stains. Gently pick up any clumps with paper towels, if necessary, use a spoon to remove the bulk.
– Stains need to be treated accordingly. In general, blot up stains using white cloths or paper towels. Never scrub or rub, it could smear the stain and push it deeper into the fibers. Work on the outside of the stain, and work it into the center. Always perform a patch test with any home remedy or commercial premade cleaners in an inconspicuous area to ensure the carpet’s integrity or color isn’t compromised. After stain is removed, and the area is fully dry, be sure to do a follow up vacuum.
– Avoid over saturation with cleaners or water, too much water can sink under the carpet, and under right circumstances it can evolve into mold or cause other damage.
Care & Maintenance of Carpet
Carpets require daily maintenance and careful treatment to extend their lifespan. Tracking shoes across carpet not only brings in additional dirt, debris and stains, but when there is dirt under the treads of shoes, as walking commences, friction is produced and it is similar to sandpaper across the carpets surface. Not wearing shoes not only reduces the debris, but it also protects it against unneeded wear and tear.
– A minimum of once a day, the carpets should be vacuumed. The rooms that experience a lot of foot traffic or a common room should be vacuumed once a day, or more if needed. In the rooms that rarely are used, vacuuming once a day is optimal, but they can get 3-5 days. Dust, pollens and other particulates circulating in the air will still deposit onto the surface, and for better care, allergy control and longevity, the carpets should be vacuumed.
Additional Tips to Extend Carpet Life
– Rugs are a perfect accent to any flooring, including carpet. They offer protection and are easily maintained and replaced. Lay some rugs in the more popular rooms, and a runner down a carpet hallway. They also help reduce the traffic patterns wear and tear.
– Get a professional cleaning at least once a year, even if the carpets don’t appear filthy. Throughout the year, there are many particles of contaminates that make their way down deep in the fibers, even with daily vacuuming. The underling grit needs to be professional pulled out to help reduce the wear and tear, keep carpets clean and vibrant, and to get them fresh and deodorized.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Tough Carpet Cleaning knows carpets. Our professionals have been expertly trained, and with our methods and techniques, carpets get a better cleaning with fewer drawbacks. After our specialist perform a carpet cleaning, stains are dissolved, odors are removed and the dull look is evicted leaving beautifully cleaned carpets. Call us today to get started!