A staple in most homes, and even at work is ketchup. The risk of it making contact with the carpets, especially high with many people in the household using this common condiment on many main dishes and sides. Due to the likelihood of ketchup making a stain on your carpet is what we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few options on how you can remove the ketchup from your carpeting today.
Water & Dishwashing Soap Solution to Remove Ketchup Carpet Stains
1) Start by using knife to scrape of the any remaining dry ketchup.
2) Mix one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid with 2 cups of cool water.
3) Sponge it on to the stain, by soaking a white cloth in this solution.
4) As you blot the ketchup stain, slowly absorb the liquid and the stain.
5) Repeat the mentioned above step until the ketchup stain has disappeared.
6) To remove any cleaning solution residue, rinse the stain with cold water.
Laundry Detergent & Ammonia Solution Ketchup Stain Remover
1) Be sure to remove the excess ketchup with a spoon and paper towels as soon as you find the stain. Vacuum the general area if the area is dry and the stain is old. Rubbing and scrubbing technique runs the risk of spreading out the stain and pushing it deeper in the fibers, so make sure to only blot the moist ketchup.
2) Spray the ketchup stain with a store-bought laundry pre-spray solution. In order to break up the stain, allow the solution to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Ensure to rinse the affected area of the carpet with warm water, following the 15 to 20-minute period.
4) Expedite the drying by using fans if possible. Once dry, vacuum the area well. Continue following the steps below to remove the stain if the stain persists.
5) In a spray bottle, mix well before use 1 cup of ammonia with 4 cups warm.
6) Begin by scrubbing following fair coverage of the solution that is applied to the stain with a toothbrush. The spot should be damp not to oversaturated. Use a wet/dry vacuum and extract the solution, if you have the option, after scrubbing for 10 to 15 additional seconds. Until excess moisture is removed, blot well.
7) Make sure to spray warm water over the affected area to rinse the ammonia solution.
When you treat ketchup on carpets, acting fast provides the best results. The sooner it is addressed, the better the outcome will be since ketchup stains quickly. Consider hiring a professional to effectively cut the stains from the carpet in the event the ketchup stains are not successfully removed with these methods above. Professionals can beat nearly any stain with advanced equipment and premium products.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Call the professionals of Tough Carpet Cleaning and we can help with deep cleaning needs of your carpet and stubborn stains for your carpet cleaning needs in the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada area. Our trained and experienced professionals are readily available to provide quality services.