Frequently common in summertime BBQs is grease. BBQs are where fried foods and good times come together is a useful event for families and gatherings. Carpets are at a higher risk to be victimized by dropped fried foods spotting the carpets with the food grease with the increase of having fried foods readily available. To prevent unsightly stains, grease can be hard to remove so treating it promptly is essential if not immediately treated. In order to remove the food grease spot from your carpets, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a way with this in mind.
Carpet Degreaser Supplies
Retrieve the supplies from the list below to treat the food grease (ensure to use the cleaner appropriate for the type of carpet).
– Cleaning Solution: For easy application, prepare the below solutions in a spray bottle.
• Oriental – Combine 1-part white vinegar and 2 parts cold water.
• Synthetic – Mix together 1 tbsp ammonia, 4 cups cold water, and ¼ tsp of mild liquid dish soap.
• Wool – Quality carpet dry-cleaning solvent and follow the manufacturers’ directions.
– Spray bottle with pure, cold water.
– Heavy objects to use as weights.
– Dry towel.
– A few rags or paper towels that are plain white.
Carpet Patch Test
Before treating the grease food stain, a patch test is strongly recommended to ensure the carpets color or integrity is not negatively impacted, whether you opt to try a DIY formula or a commercial product. In case there are ill-effects, a patch test should be done in an inconspicuous location.
Grease Stain Removal
1) Only use blotting techniques as scrubbing or rubbing will only spread out the grease and push it deeply into the fibers, which makes it more of a problem. Start on the outer rims and work towards the center for better containment, use your paper towels or rags to absorb as much of the excess grease as possible.
2) Be careful not to make the area too wet, let the selected treatment sit for 5 minutes after applying it moderately to the grease stain.
3) Make certain to have several paper towels or rags as you treat the spot. It may take a few rags to remove the stain as you go, depending on the volume. Until the stain is efficiently removed, repeat application and blotting.
4) By applying the pure water to the area, rinse the cleaning solution. Avoid making the area too wet. Use a dry cloth/towel to absorb the excess moisture.
5) Along with weighted objects to collect the moisture beneath the carpet, place a dry towel on the damp area. Leave it for several hours or overnight.
6) To relax the fibers, after the area is completely dry vacuum the area.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas
Especially if they had the opportunity to set, professional assistance can ensure the removal, where food grease stains can be challenging to remove. To remove the food grease from off the carpet, contact Tough Carpet Cleaning today. We can help you remove these stains quickly and efficiently.