A cold and refreshing drink both enjoyed by kids and adults alike, is milk in their flavorful varieties such as chocolate and strawberry. Unfortunately, landing on the carpet is highly likely with this common beverage being served any time throughout the day. It can be difficult to remove if the chocolate or strawberry milk lands on the carpet, however, with a rapid response, the stains and potential odors can be avoided. We at Tough Carpet Cleaning have listed a few helpful steps below to help remove these spills from your carpets.
How to Get Strawberry & Chocolate Milk Stains Out of Carpet
1) Sop up as much liquid as possible. To blot up the excess milk, use paper towels to place over the top of the spill and gentle pressure. In order to remove the milk until it no longer absorbs into the paper towels, continue to use the paper towels.
2) Lightly sprinkle small dose of table salt over the surface of the spill to keep the strawberry and/or chocolate milk from spreading out and into the fibers. For about 20 minutes, allow time for the salt retain the lingering moisture. Use you vacuum to remove the salt after it is dry.
3) In a squirt bottle, combine 1 Tbsp dish washing liquid with 2 cups warm water to treat the stain. Starting on the exterior of the spill and working your way to the center, dampen a cloth in the solution and use the treated cloth to blot out the stain. To avoid pushing the flavored milk from spreading, this contains the mess.
Combining a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of warm water in your bucket and applying it in the same manner is an alternative solution ideal for the strawberry milk. Make certain to use them according to the label’s directions as there are also commercial carpet cleaning product.
4) After the spot is removed use a water-dampen cloth to blot the cleaning residue to remove any residual cleaners from the carpet. Use a towel to dry the area as best you can after satisfied the areas is rinsed.
5) Try 1 Tbsp ammonia into 2 cups warm water and sponge the mixture like before and blot away the remaining stain if a stain lingers behind after treatment. Use a water-damp cloth to rinse the area free from the diluted ammonia as before.
6) In order to remove the remaining moisture as much as possible, dry the area as well as possible by using a dry towel.
Carpet Stain Removal Tips
Cautionary Note: To ensure it will not compromise the carpet with any cleaner you use to remove the chocolate or strawberry milk stain, do not skip conducting a patch test in an inconspicuous spot. Moderately sprinkle baking soda the area to prevent any odors developing after the area is clean. For several hours, or overnight, allow the baking soda to remain. Use your vacuum to clean up the baking soda as long as the area is dry. Never use hot water or you can damage your carpet and the paraphernalia, like then paper towels, sponges, cloths, towels, should be plain, white. Should any spilled milk make contact with your carpets, immediately treat the spill to avoid bacteria growth, odors, and more challenging stains from occurring.