Carpets can easily develop stains. Most people have a carpet cleaner or remedy standing by. Few know how to tackle it when the candle wax is a common substance that can stain the carpets. Candle wax is actually a lot easier than you may think to get out of your carpet, though initially, you may feel it is a lost cause. There are a couple of methods that are effective, and we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to shar them today.
What is the Easiest Way to Remove Candle Wax from Carpet?
1) For a more effective removal, immediate action is essential. The tougher it becomes to remove from carpets, the longer any stain lingers, including wax.
2) With ice, fill a sandwich bag.
3) To freeze the wax, let the ice sit long enough.
4) After you removed the bag of ice off the now frozen wax, use a dull knife to scrape the wax off the carpet. For easy disposal, scraping the fragments onto a paper towel helps.
5) After all of the chunks are removed, directly over the affected area of your carpet lay either a brown paper bag or a clean cloth.
6) The material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet, slowly press a warm iron on top of the paper bag or cloth. As the wax is pulled from the carpet, may have to adjust the material to clean corners. Repeat until all of the residue is removed.
7) Use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains if any coloration from the wax remains.
How Does Ice Remove Candle Wax?
1) Scrape off the wax fragments with a dull table knife. The wax should gradually come out of the fibers.
2) For 5 or so minutes, fill a plastic baggie with ice cubes and place the sealed bag over the top of the affected area.
3) With the use of your dull edge knife, remove any additional waxy residue that may have frozen.
4) With help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum, vacuum up any wax you see.
5) Should there be any colored candle that leaves behind a color stain, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth. Until it is removed, blot the treated cloth on the stain. Follow up blotting out any residual alcohol, with a damp, clean cloth.
6) Dry the area as well as you can with a clean, white towel.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Removing the candle wax should be effective with the above methods. Call in the experts of Tough Carpet Cleaning and let our certified professionals remove the wax and any residues that tarnish your carpet if you run into any difficulties. To ensure that the stains and spots are efficiently removed, we use effective methods and products. We can get the deep-rooted dirt and filth removed to reveal beautifully cleaned and spotless carpets that are fresh, and vivid once again in addition to removing the stains. Call us today to get started!