The holiday season is filled with fun, excitement, and activities. With the season giving people an excuse to see family friends, more and more events are being had in the home. Many opt to get their carpets shampooed in advance to present a well kept home for their guests. In an effort to keep the kids busy and to bring some holiday cheer into the home and spread it to loved ones, quite a few indulge in their different hobbies from crafting and baking in their varieties. In so doing, a lot of the paraphernalia has the potential to cause stains on the beautifully cleaned carpets from Tough Carpet Cleaning. To help protect the carpets, we have listed a few suggestions that should help you avoid stains.
How to Prevent & Clean Holiday Carpet Stains
1) Walk-off Entry Mats. Moisture from potential rain, soil, debris and other residues are easily tracked into your home. With an exterior walk-off matt you can greet your company with holiday spirits or welcoming whimsical. If you don’t have one, be sure to get one. If you do have a welcome mat, be sure you clean it routinely.
2) No Shoes Carpet Rule. Have everyone kick off their shoes at the door to continue to protect the carpets from the residues the buildup on the bottom of shoes. Implement comfortable and homey gestures by encouraging “Christmas Socks” themes parties and events to really emphasize the no shoe policy can help as well.
3) Get Pets Groomed. The pets are an extension of the family, and no event would be complete without their fun loving presence. But the pets are guilty of shedding their fur, which then is left everywhere; carpets, upholstery, and even guests. Where this isn’t a stain, it can still be an unsightly blemish. Keep the carpets safe from gobs of hair and send your pet to the groomers for a shampoo, trim, and nail trim.
4) Serve Clear & White Beverages. With the assorted forms of merriment during the holiday activities, beverages are among the most frequently served refreshments. Instead serving the hot chocolates, red wines, and soft drinks, offer white champagne, wines, and liquor, as well as sparkling cider instead. If the light or clear drinks land on carpets, they will be the easiest to tend to.
5) Create a Kids Activity Center Away from Carpet. In an effort to keep the kids busy and reign in the excitement, getting them to work on crafts and other holiday projects can help them stay occupied while you get your own projects worked on. Art, gingerbread houses, baking, and other such crafting projects are affiliated with stain-causing paraphernalia that if contact with the carpets can be a challenge to remove. Contain the activity center to an area that is surrounded by hard surfaces like linoleum or tile to make spills easy to clean; be sure to treat them immediately.
6) Maintain Fireplace. If your home has a wood-burning fire place, be sure to clean them out after every use. The debris such as ash, embers, and soot can easily get caught in the airflow and land on carpets, creating ghastly stains.