A lot of visitors can be brought to your doorstep with Christmas and other end-of-the-year holidays. Where some may just be dropping by for a brief visit, others may be planning an extended stay. As people are keeping busy with prepping guest rooms, shopping, perfecting the menu, and carrying out new and old holiday traditions, the carpets might get a little stagnant. Even if the carpets are otherwise spotless, the carpets can make a big impact on your overall presentation of your home and whether you got a professional cleaning for the holidays or waiting until they are over, you will likely want to refresh your carpets. To help you keep your home fresh, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to offer some tips to refresh your carpets.
Baking Soda and Lavender Essential Oil Carpet Deodorizer
1) Combine about 30 drops of lavender essential oils, or your preferred scent, to about ½ cup of baking soda.
2) Pour the mixture into a vented container. Use a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid, a clean parmesan cheese or spices jar, or anything that can effectively vent your mixture.
3) Let the mixture vent into the room for 24 hours. At the conclusion of the 24 hours, sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet, leaving it on the surface for about 30 minutes.
4) In a methodical approach, vacuum the length and width of the carpet, overlapping the lanes as you pass back and forth using slow and thorough movement. Not only can the baking soda neutralize the odor molecules in the air, it can get a lot of the in the carpets and the lavender oil will enhance the scent and overall freshness.
Vinegar on Carpet to Remove Odor
1) Fill white distilled vinegar into an empty, clean spray bottle.
2) Do not worry if you find the vinegar to have an initial unattractive scent during the application process, it will dissipate as it dries. To eliminate the source of many odors, the vinegar will dissolve most germs and bacteria as it dries.
3) Should the odors continue, repeat the vinegar application. However, do not over saturate the carpet with vinegar; too much moisture can lead to damage.
How to Make Your House Smell Good
1) Essential Oil Diffuser. Many people have found the use of using essential oils in a diffuser to help the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils. As an extra benefit, it can also help make your home smell good and inviting.
2) Boil and Garbage Disposal of Citrus Peeling. Considering the dirty job of the garbage disposal, many odors can develop and emit from it. Boiling the citrus peeling will help clean the air and then grinding them up in the disposal can combat the odors in the garbage disposal.
3) Vacuum daily or at least frequently throughout the week to remove the debris, dirt, and odor-causing particulates.
Carpet Cleaning & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Anthem, Desert Shores, Eldorado, Green Valley Ranch, Inspirada, Mountains Edge, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, The Lakes, Tuscany Village & Las Vegas Nevada
Professional carpet cleaning not only extracts the compacted dirt below the surface and remove spots and stains, but it will neutralize many odors. With healthy carpets, you can ensure they are refreshed. To schedule your professional carpet cleaning, call Tough Carpet Cleaning today and let our experts make your carpets healthy and clean.