When the heavy furniture is switched around, an assortment of blemishes from crushed in areas in the carpet is commonly revealed. Being noticeable and undesirable, most want to get rid of these carpet dents are pockets of crushed fabrics. Today, we at Tough Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few recommendations on how you can restore the carpet to its original glory and revitalize the carpet dents.
How Do You Get Deep Indentations Out of Carpet with a Blow Dryer?
1) Start by removing the surrounding clutter.
2) Being careful not to oversaturate the area, moderately spray the dents using a squirt bottle of water. The carpets should be somewhat damp, never soaked.
3) Gently fluff the fibers back into place using a blow dryer and fork, being careful not to damage carpets as you work.
4) If the dents are not fully restored by the time it is dry, repeat as necessary. Also, should repeating prove ineffective, consider implementing a different technique.
Does Steam Cleaning Carpet Remove Indents?
1) Since you need adequate space to maneuver, get the clutter out of the way and clear out any bulky furniture.
2) Set a clean, white damp cloth over the dented carpet.
3) At about 3-4 inches above the moist cloth, hold over an iron on medium heat. Let the produced heat and steam disperse over the area for 30-60 seconds.
4) Depending manufacturing and materials, you can cause irreversible damage to the fibers by either burning or melting, so be sure NOT to place the hot iron directly on top of carpet.
5) Repeat the steps, should the dent persist. If repeat attempts do not prove efficient, move on to a different method.
Will Ice Cubes Take Dents Out of Carpet?
This method is the top recommended and most commonly used due to it is gentleness way to remove carpet dents in addition to being quick and easy.
1) To prevent restricting your restoration activities, slide away any furniture that might be too close.
2) According to the length and width of the dent, drop one or more ice cubes.
3) Wait for the ice cubes to melt. Through the melting process, carpet fibers will absorb the water and begin to expand and relax.
4) On the more prominent dents, you may need to allow the moisture to soak in overnight.
5) If there is excessive liquid and blot up the remaining moisture, check saturation levels in the morning.
6) Fluff the carpet fibers back to their original design by gently using a fork to loosen it up.
7) Repeat as necessary or utilize one of our other techniques if the dents persist on the extreme dents.
Ensure to vacuum the area to further relax the fibers after you have completed any of these methods and the surface is completely dry.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal, Water Damage Restoration & More in Enterprise, Paradise, Spring Valley, Henderson, North LV, Summerlin, Sunrise Manor, Aliante, Centennial, Desert Shores, Peccole Ranch, Providence, Rhodes Ranch, Seven Hills, Silverado Ranch, Tuscany Village, Whitney, Winchester & Las Vegas Nevada
Call Tough Carpet Cleaning today, and let our professionals get your carpet clean and vibrant once again in the event your carpets are in need of a comprehensive cleaning after noticing the obvious traffic patterns in your carpet. If you need professional cleaning for maintenance or have stains, carpet cleaning services are readily available.